Are you feeling relaxed and rejuvenated as we come to the end of summer? I hope so!
During these last few weeks of the season, it’s a perfect time to engage in some creative activities to help you rebalance your energy. With less stress and more time to relax at this time of year, you’ll feel open and receptive to finding balance. This will energize and invigorate you!
Let’s take a closer look at the energy of the sixth chakra, the brow chakra. You can strengthen and balance this energy center while exploring some new, creative activities.
The Brow Chakra: Seeking Insight
The third eye or brow chakra is the sixth chakra and is located in between the eyebrows, just a little above, on the forehead. It encompasses the pituitary gland, eyes, forehead, and lower brain.
It’s the home to your intuition or inner knowledge that will guide you if you let it. When opened, it holds the possibility for clairvoyance, telepathy, expanded imagination, and visualization.
The third eye is also the home to our conscience. Here you’re able to see what’s happening from the perspective of an observer who is mindful. And you understand what it means – seeing yourself and also the outer world. You see what’s important and what’s not, what’s meaningful and what’s superfluous.
A Balanced Brow Chakra: Feeling Inspired and Intuitive
When the brow chakra is in balance you see clearly and understand what you see. You can perceive and interpret visual cues. You have perspective on events and ideas, making decisions without attachment to the outcome. You’re open to new ideas, can be highly focused, and can be quietly reflective. You trust your intuition. You feel inspired and imaginative. You can control the flow of energy within all the chakras.
Engage in these 3 activities to connect to your intuition and feel inspired and imaginative:
- Learn something new.
- Join a class on a topic that’s new to you. Consider singing, playing an instrument, painting, cooking, writing, and more!
- Take a tour of a new location. Learn about the history, people, native plants and animals, and the land in the area.
- Try a new form of exercise. Maybe yoga, qigong, swimming, or rowing?
- Trust your intuition.
- Pay attention to any flashes of insight you have during a whole day. What people or thoughts come to mind seemingly “out of nowhere” throughout the day? Why did they come to mind today? How are they important at this moment?
- Hold a question you have about your life and sit quietly in silence or meditation. Be open to what you receive, even if unexpected.
- When you need to make a decision during the day, pause and tap into your inner guidance. Don’t just respond out of desire or fear, instead seek deeper insight from within.
- Awaken to your dreams.
- Keep a dream journal, writing down your dreams as soon as you awake in the morning. Review your writing periodically to discover deeper meanings that arise.
- Make a list of 5 things that you long to do in your lifetime. Choose the one that calls to you the most right now and make a plan for making it happen.Focus on the energy of your brow chakra this week, and next time we’ll move on to creative activities for the seventh chakra, the crown chakra. Join me!
Interested in learning to chant mantras to balance your chakras? Check out my Free Healing Library!