What do you want to do this year? What do you want to create? Can you envision it?
As we enter into this gift of the new year of 2023, let’s see if we can be the champions of joy in the world! In our own lives and in the lives of others.
Let’s ponder for a moment. What is joy exactly? And how would we spread it?
When we think of the word “joy,” we might picture people who are laughing and smiling, without a care in the world. And, yes, that is joy!
But what is joy in our everyday lives when maybe we do have concerns and worries? And how can we spread more joy to others on a day like that?
Let’s brainstorm some ideas together.
We can spread joy every day by sharing…
- A smile or a hug given to another
- A short note or text to tell someone you’re thinking of them
- A compliment
- Your interest, by asking a question
- An expression of gratitude for what you appreciate about a person
- An act of kindness such as holding the door for someone or letting them go in front of you in line
- A warm greeting with a twinkle in your eyes
- A small gift given in love – a flower, a cup of coffee, their favorite dessert, something that made you think of them
What else comes to mind?
Joy can be quite simple, yet it has potent, life-giving energy!
As we are spreading joy to others, let’s not forget about bringing joy to ourselves too.
Think of something that brings you joy. A simple pleasure. Something that puts a smile on your face and makes you feel warm and happy inside.
What brings you joy in your daily life? A warm cup of tea? A delicious and healthy meal? A favorite song?
Or maybe you enjoy working on a creative project? Going out in the snow? Accomplishing the next steps of your goal? Your dog or cat curling up next to you?
Inspired by St. Hildegard, one of things that brings me joy is eating simple, nutritious, and delicious food. You may be familiar with the recipe for Joy Cookies that I often share during the holidays. They bring me joy!
So now, guided by the wisdom of St. Hildegard, I want to share with you more nourishing and healing foods (and recipes!) that are meant to bring joy, revitalization, and healing into your life.
Stay tuned and keep an eye out for upcoming blog posts on Nourishing Foods to Bring You Joy and Revitalization.