Reflect on where you typically eat your meals. What is your mood while eating? How quickly or slowly do you eat your meals?
Focusing on creating an intentional space and mood while you eat can bring more joy to your meals.
But how can we do this during the day? Especially if we’re at work or in a restaurant?
I offer 6 ways below to support you in manifesting joy while eating your meals in the coming days and weeks.
1. Find a quiet space – Eat your meals in a quiet place as much as you’re able to. Put your cellphone aside. Turn off the TV. Choose a quiet location to sit.
2. Sit and relax – Sit when you eat. Rest and relax as you enjoy each bite. Don’t grab your food and run. Don’t eat standing up. Sit and enjoy your meal.
3. Take time at lunch – Make lunch a meal where you slow down, sit, and enjoy it even if you’re at work. Make it a healthy and good-sized meal instead of something quick on the run.
4. Slow down – Slow down to savor and fully chew each bite. No more big mouthfuls swallowed as quickly as possible. Chew slowly and enjoy all the flavors and textures.
5. Give thanks – Offer your gratitude for the meal you’re about to eat. For the hands that prepared it, for the farmers that grew it, for the divine life force that runs through it.
6. Rest and walk – If you can, rest for 5-10 minutes after a meal and then go for a short walk. Allow your body to digest your food and be energized from the meal.
I encourage you to pick 1 item from above to focus on this week and see what changes arise for you during your mealtime. (If you like, add the others during this coming year)
Join me in the upcoming weeks as I share Nourishing Foods to Bring You Joy and Revitalization.