Have you been enjoying your summer so far?
This is a perfect time to engage in some creative activities to help you rebalance your energy. With less stress and more time to relax, you’ll experience more openness in the summer. A wonderful time to rejuvenate!
Join me and let’s take a closer look at the energy of the fifth chakra, the throat chakra. Let’s strengthen and balance this energy center and have a little fun too!
The Throat Chakra: Communicating with Others
The fifth chakra, the throat chakra, is located in the throat area that includes the neck, jaw, mouth, shoulders, and also ears. This is your source of verbal expression and the ability to speak your highest truth.
Whether we’re listening actively to the words of others or expressing ourselves authentically, the words we speak have great power. Power to heal and power to create anew. This is at the foundation of the throat chakra.
A Balanced Throat Chakra: Expressing Yourself Authentically
When you have a balanced throat chakra, you’re able to express yourself clearly and honestly in any situation with confidence. When you speak your truth, it’ll be experienced as authentic and compassionate.
You’ll be able to be open and honest. You’ll stand up for what you believe, yet not be hurtful toward others. You’ll have a certain sense of personal integrity and of honor.
You’ll also be able to listen deeply to others, giving them an experience of being heard and understood, a profound human need.
Engage in these 3 activities this summer to expand your ability to express yourself with authenticity, clarity, and compassion:
- Express yourself creatively.
- Commit to writing your thoughts in a journal daily for a week.
- Paint, draw, sculpt, or dance to express your thoughts or feelings on a topic.
- Write a poem about something that’s important to you.
- Share your thoughts with someone.
- Call a friend who you haven’t seen in a while to catch up. Share about your life, but also listen attentively to what they share.
- Write a letter to an older relative and share a fond memory you have of them and how much you appreciated that experience.
- Give a heartfelt compliment to someone you see today.
- Speak up.
- Share your opinion or idea with a friend or colleague, with tact and care.
- Set clear personal boundaries with someone who has been overstepping them.
- Initiate a conversation to clear the air with someone where there has been tension.
Focus on the energy of your throat chakra this week, and next time we’ll move on to summer activities for the sixth chakra, the third eye chakra. Join me!
Interested in learning to chant mantras to balance your chakras? Check out my Free Healing Library!